[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [jgit-dev] Invalid Path Problem
- From: Markus Duft <markus.duft@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:26:03 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Organization: Salomon Automation GmbH
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:16.0) Gecko/20121106 Thunderbird/16.0.1
On 11/26/2012 11:49 PM, Robin Rosenberg wrote:
> Sent from my...
> 26 nov 2012 kl. 08:38 skrev Markus Duft <markus.duft@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> ok, accepted. but then in a heterogeneous environment (windows/linux) the checks should be the same on all platforms, otherwise you can commit things that the others cannot checkout. :/
> it's hard to know if an environment is heterogeneous or not.
exactly, that would be the reason to do the check on linux too! i would not want to add such paths to the repository on linux at all if in know it breaks on windows, and i /have/ to assume that at some point in time the repo will hit another platform which may have different filesystem constraints (as windows in this case).
so i vote for executing the same tests as now, but all tests the same on all platforms, not isWindows, isLinux, isWhatever.
> -- Robin