Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 12 schedule?

Scott,

I'm not understanding how your facades work or why exactly they are needed?  Can you give some examples?

Why can you not just deploy old javax.* code to one context and new jakarta.* code to a different one.

cheers

On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 at 07:58, Cantor, Scott <cantor.2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>    jetty-12 is dependent on neither namespace, but can deploy contexts
> that are dependent on javax.* or jakarta.*

There are, though, two incompatible jakarta-namespaced APIs, Servlet 5 and 6. That's where we're having issues because we implement facades for the APIs that can't load on both at once.

We can implement separate ones for 5 and 6 (and thus Jetty 11 and 12) but we're not sure how we'll manage it if we do.

We haven't really looked into how 12 is going to do what it does yet, we're just assessing options and knowing when 12 will likely come out helps with our planning.

Most projects are just worried about the APIs they *call* but when you also implement HttpServletRequest/Response, it's not that simple obviously, and we had no idea Servlet 6.0 actually removed things from 5.0 until today.

-- Scott