Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 12 schedule?

On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 at 07:08, Cantor, Scott <cantor.2@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm refering specifically to the fact that Servlet 5.0 and 6.0, in the Jakarta namespace, are not compatible because they've removed some deprecated methods and interfaces and added others. Implementing both in some system is problematic, at minimum.

We haven't explored every trick of course.

Scott,

jetty-10 is dependent on the javax.* namespace
jetty-11 is dependent on the jakarta.* namespace
jetty-12 is dependent on neither namespace, but can deploy contexts that are dependent on javax.* or jakarta.*

However, you cannot mix APIs within the one context.

regards