Re: [jetty-users] TryFilesFilter giving ClassNotFoundException

On 17/06/2020 18:45, Simone Bordet wrote:
Please file an issue about the lack of "/" - I'd lean towards fixing
the documentation (if you want to propose a PR will be great).

A PR would mean going through the hoops of getting an Eclipse account and completing the ECA, so I've just raised a regular issue - https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/4981

But if you use this Jetty context XML file, then why don't you add the
TryFilesFilter like it is done for FastCGI, rather than adding it in
web.xml?
Your deployment will need this ROOT.xml file to work (with the
TryFilesFilter configuration in it), but you won't have to change your
build or do any manual copy.

Yep - I think yesterday I mistakenly thought the FastCGI method meant duplicating servlet definition, but it turns out that's not necessary (at least not for WebAppContext, not sure about ServletContextHandler), so I've now got it configured with both extraClasspath and addFilter in the context config, no other config/files involved, and all is good.

Thanks again.

Peter

Back to the top