Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 9.4.24 prints warning messages to stderr

Hi Simone,

I should have provided you with more information. Yes, the stack-trace does come from a printStackTrace that is in our application. The application is a generic scripting engine that consists of a single Servlet. This servlet dispatches incoming requests to scripts which implement our applications. Most error/exception handling is done inside the scripts themselves but at the highest level uncaught exceptions are printed to stderr using printStackTrace. That is how these stack traces end up in the Eclipse console or the application logs.

Apart from the JVM stack traces we also have application stack traces in terms of the script code. The exceptions all lead to a tiny script class that implements a handler for static resources. Basically it does some standard HTTP header handling (If-Modified-Since) and either returns a 304 or sets a Content-Length, Content-Type, Last-Modified, optional Cache-Control (max-age), transfers all bytes from a BufferedInputStream to a BufferedOutputStream(response.getOutputStream) (loosely translated from scripting code) and finally closes the streams.

Please see my response to your other mail for more info on what happens inside FF.

Cheers,

Silvio