Re: [jetty-users] Are Subject Alternative Names compulsory for SSL in Jetty 9.4.18?

If you are using Embedded Jetty, make sure you are using the SslContextFactory.Server for your server, and not the generic SslContextFactory.

Example:

        server = new Server();

        sslContextFactory = new SslContextFactory.Server();
        sslContextFactory.setKeyStorePath(KEYSTORE_1);
        sslContextFactory.setKeyStorePassword("storepwd");
        sslContextFactory.setKeyStoreType("JKS");
        sslContextFactory.setKeyStoreProvider(null);

        HttpConfiguration httpsConfig = new HttpConfiguration();
        httpsConfig.addCustomizer(new SecureRequestCustomizer());
        connector = new ServerConnector(server,
            new SslConnectionFactory(sslContextFactory, HttpVersion.HTTP_1_1.asString()),
            new HttpConnectionFactory(httpsConfig));
        server.addConnector(connector);

If you are using the jetty-home artifact then check any custom XML you have in your jetty-base directory that is setting up a SslContextFactory to ensure it's using the appropriate side (Client vs Server) and not the generic one.

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx