Re: [jetty-users] jetty-http-spi-xxx.jar

As for why it is not published in the download, the goal of the Jetty distribution is to provide a traditional app server experience, not as a one stop shop for all things Jetty.  The jetty-http-spi artifact has no place inside of an app server like this so Maven central or the P2 repositories that Jetty provides are the appropriate locations to obtain artifacts, generally through build systems with artifact dependency resolution like Maven, Gradle or Ant+Ivy.  These systems have long been the trend for java development and we encourage everyone to adopt some style of build system that provides transitive dependency resolution.

cheers,
Jesse

--
jesse mcconnell