Re: [jetty-users] Issues with Jetty 9.4 session IDs

For completeness, here's the link to the issue I raised: https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/1223

On 7 January 2017 at 15:14, Jan Bartel <janb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Silvio,

To get rid of the workername prefix,  you should be able to set it to "". To get rid of the .workername suffix, then it is sufficient to override the DefaultSessionIdManager.getExtendedId(String,HttpServletRequest) method - if you're still seeing the suffix, that is wierd, because it is only that method that creates it!

I'm going to make a change for 9.4.1 as follows:

* DefaultSessionIdManager.setWorkerName(null) will coerce null to ""
* if DefaultSessionIdManager.setWorkerName(String) is never called, then the current code to set up a default worker name will be called
* ensure that the tests for prepending the workername and for suffixing the .workername all skip the addition iff it is the empty string or null

I'm attaching a diff that I'm working on if you want to apply it to your local build before 9.4.1 comes out (which should be soonish).

Jan