Re: [jetty-users] Question regarding Jetty continuation support.

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 00:15, Venkatesh <vvenkatar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the response Simone. What happens in cases where I have used
> continuation with a setTimeout(0) i.e.; wait indefinitely as against waiting
> for a finite amount of time ??

If you do that, it means that you're certain - because of your
application logic - that you are going to resume the continuation.
When it's resumed, it can detect whether the remote end closed the connection.

Note that it is normally good to have a non-zero timeout exactly
because it may be hard to guarantee that the continuations are always
resumed by the application.
But for certain applications this may be relatively easy.

Simon
--
http://bordet.blogspot.com
---