Re: [jetty-users] Question regarding Jetty continuation support.

Thanks for the response Simone. What happens in cases where I have used continuation with a setTimeout(0) i.e.; wait indefinitely as against waiting for a finite amount of time ??

Venkatesh

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 19:44, Venkatesh <vvenkatar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Apologies if this question has been posed earlier. I am new to Jetty and
> have been trying to use Jetty continuation support. I get the basic idea of
> suspending a servlet. However, I wanted to know how to capture a scenario
> where the client closes the connection while the servlet request has been
> suspended?

When a continuation is suspended, it does not "read" from the
connection, and therefore does not know if the remote end closed the
connection or not.
When the continuation times out and expires, it will try to read from
the connection, notice that it has been closed and act accordingly
(most of the times just closing the connection on its side).

Simon
--
http://bordet.blogspot.com
---