Re: [jetty-users] Keep generated source files

Here's the reference page from jetty-6 (which I'll get updated and
put onto the jetty @ eclipse site):

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Jsp+Configuration

Jan

On 05/28/2011 03:25 AM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
Hello,

sorry for asking it again - but I can't find the solution.

I use jetty-maven-plugin and shell says jetty 8.0.0M2. Webframework is Struts 2.
My goal: when jetty is running, I would like to see the java files
generated from the servletfilters.

Here is my pom configuration:

  <plugin>
   	<groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
   	<artifactId>jetty-maven-plugin</artifactId>
   	<configuration>
   		<webAppConfig>
    			<tempDirectory>target/jetty-work</tempDirectory>
	</webAppConfig>
   		<scanIntervalSeconds>5</scanIntervalSeconds>
		<jettyEnvXml>src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jetty-env.xml</jettyEnvXml>
		<keepgenerated>true</keepgenerated>
   	</configuration>
</plugin>

This lead to a working directory were expected, but all directories are empty.

Somewhere in the web I have read that I should create a jetty-web.xml.
i did, with this content:

<Call name="getServletHandler">
     <Call name="getServlet"><Arg>jsp</Arg>
       <Call name="setInitParameter">
         <Arg>scratchdir</Arg>
         <Arg><SystemProperty name="app.dir"/>/webapps/compiledJSPs/app</Arg>
       </Call>
     </Call>
</Call>

Unfortunately this leads to a IllegalArgumentException when calling
setInitParameter. I don't know why.

Any help is appreciated. I have an issue with a struts tag and really
would love to see whats generated out of it.

Thanks in advance,
Christian