Re: [jetty-users] Recommended database resident message queueing system? JMS?

On 05/23/2011 09:27 AM, Nick Fenwick wrote:
I'd still like to find a JMS implementation that lets me use the JMS api while retaining low memory footprint and keeping it all in the same JVM.

Turns out you can keep ActiveMQ's broker within the current vm with:

new ActiveMQConnectionFactory("vm://myBroker");

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/744077/in-process-activemq-producer-consumer-example

Hurrah! :)  I didn't spot this on their FAQ or getting started guide so presumed it wasn't possible.  Oh, me of little faith.

Nick

Back to the top