[jetty-users] prevent new session on form login

Hello.

I have an application using form based login. For some strange reason we have some non-browser-applications using the same form based login.

After upgrade from jetty 7.1.6 to 7.3.0 authentication still works from a normal web client, but it does not work from all of the non-browser-applications. This problem is caused by jetty 7.3 creating a new session when the user is authenticated. This is easy to fix in the clients we have control over, but some of them we do not have control over.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-1281

What is the reason for creating a new session on login? Is it possible to turn this feature off?

Regards,
 - Tore.

Back to the top