[jetty-users] Jetty does not recognize internationalized SUB domain names

 The international form of my sub domain name is like this: XN--80AHAIUUGL4G

It is properly setup in my provider and resolves that is tested.

My top-level domain name is citadelait.com so I wrote in jetty virtual hosts: XN--80AHAIUUGL4G.citadelait.com

However, it does not work, when I try to access my web page I am redirected to my normal web site www.citadelait.com (This is because I have setup MovedContextHandler that handles all virtual hosts that do not match the default and redirects to www.citadelait.com)

See in my default context below:

poddruvka.citadelait.com WORKS

www.citadelait.com WORKS

XN--80AHAIUUGL4G.citadelait.com DOES NOT work

According to this paper here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/Configure_Virtual_Hosts

says it should (Although the example is for the main domain, but there should not be any difference)

<?xml version="1.0"  encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC "-//Mort Bay Consulting//DTD Configure//EN" "http://jetty.eclipse.org/configure.dtd">

<Configure class="org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler">

  <Set name="contextPath">/</Set>

  <Set name="resourceBase"><SystemProperty name="jetty.home" default="."/>/webroot/</Set>

  <Set name="virtualHosts">

    <Array type="java.lang.String">

      <Item>www.citadelait.com</Item>

      <Item>XN--80AHAIUUGL4G.citadelait.com</Item>

      <Item>poddruvka.citadelait.com</Item>

    </Array>

  </Set>–––

Back to the top