[jetty-users] prevent new session on form login

Hello.

I have an application using form based login. For some strange reason we have some non-browser-applications using the same form based login.

After upgrade from jetty 7.1.6 to 7.3.0 authentication still works from a normal web client, but it does not work from all of the non-browser-applications. This problem is caused by jetty 7.3 creating a new session when the user is authenticated. This is easy to fix in the clients we have control over, but some of them we do not have control over.

It looks like this is caused by the fix of
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-1281

What is the reason for creating a new session on login? Is it possible to turn this feature off?

Regards,
- Tore.

Back to the top