Re: [jetty-dev] jetty-test-helper version

Joakim,

OK, I've updated jetty trunk to use the 1.0 release.

I'm happy for it to be separately versioned than tool chain,  but I
think we should move it in svn from

svn+ssh://gwilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.jetty/jetty-toolchain/{trunk,tags}/jetty-test-helper

svn+ssh://gwilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.jetty/jetty-test-helper/{trunk,tags}

cheers

On 31 January 2011 15:10, Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Having everything in toolchain identically versioned is not well advised.
> And the toolchain parent is just a crutch to build all of the toolchain
> modules.
> Which we don't do. ever.
> As for the jetty-test-helper, we have verison 1.0 released.
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jetty/toolchain/jetty-test-helper/1.0/
> And the tag is at ...
> http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.jetty/jetty-toolchain/tags/jetty-test-helper-1.0/
> The various bits and pieces of toolchain are unconnected to each other and
> have no reason to have a lockstep build or release or version, that's just
> needless overhead.
> - Joakim
>
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Greg Wilkins <gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Joakim,
>>
>> not that jetty trunk has been updated to look for jetty-test-helper
>> 1.0-SNAPSHOT, but I don't think that was every pushed to a snapshot
>> repository and the current trunk of jetty-test-helper is 1.1-SNAPSHOT
>> and there is no 1.0 branch - so it's a little painful to build at the
>> moment.
>>
>> There looks to be a jetty-test-helper 1.0 tag, so I'll update jetty
>> trunk to use that (not sure if it has been released or not, but if not
>> I'll try to at least stage it).
>>

>> However, I've got a little concern about the location of
>> jetty-test-helper under the jetty toolchain.    It is in the tool
>> chain kind of like a sub-project and it links to toolchain as a parent
>> pom, but it is not linked as a module of the parent pom and it is
>> separately versioned.
>>
>> My preference would be for either it to have it's own top level
>> location in the svn tree and have it's own version
>> OR be under toolchain and be a module of toolchain and released and
>> versioned with the toolchain.
>>
>> I have a slight preference for the later
>>
>> thoughts?
>>
>> cheers

Back to the top