[jetty-dev] incompatible change ?

When updating the egit build to not only build against helios but also indigo we recently found that in order to build egit against jetty 7.2 which is the version coming with indigo we have to adapt egit [1] to the removal of Jetty's public method

ConstraintSecurityHandlersetConstraintMappings(new ConstraintMapping[])

Shouldn't that removal of a public method result in a major version change (i.e. from 7.1.x to 8.0 instead of 7.2.x) ?

[1] http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#patch,unified,2171,1,org.eclipse.jgit.junit.http/src/org/eclipse/jgit/junit/http/AppServer.java

--
Matthias

Back to the top