Re: [jdt-dev] "clean up" again

I see that my last post had few raise eyebrows.

I do agree with internal API usages, even my self I have used internal APIs in a few of my plugins in Eclipse JDT. I'm not saying we should not do that, but we should have a process of promoting such most wanted internal APIs into external APIs to be more maintainable. And internal API users must have some CI jobs to make sure the upstream is breaking things for you. So we can raise those as soon as possible rather than waiting until an RC release. And for me, this is what Continuous Integration is about.

Maybe you in JDT have a different approach in seeing quality, module design, and CI than what I used to, given the fact that you have lot of projects depending on you.

Maybe no point of raising the same thing again and again, just wasting all of our time.y

Br,
Gayan.