Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Platform popularity

Hello,

I agree with Tobias on the first two points but regarding the 3rd one I have doubts.
Is it a good idea to fight the whole container movement in the IT community? Whether we like it or not, Kubernetes is taking over.
On the other hand, public cloud managed services are advancing.
Java is still the king on the back-end but there are python, _javascript_/typescript, go, .NET core applications and enterprises love diversity.
The idea of having one application server which is more efficient will work only if there are lots of java applications.

For me the good platform is the comfort of having a standard set of APIs which provide most of my needs. How the application is packaged and run is the second priority.

Once you have coded the Quarkus application and enjoyed dev mode which includes running automated tests as well, it's really hard to move back to the build/deploy cycle. I can live with adding necessary dependencies in the pom.xml compared to having just a single dependency in Jakarta EE app.