Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Jakarta 10.1?

On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 6:26 PM Brian Stansberry <brian.stansberry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 12:03 PM Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It could be useful as an internal milestone for the TCK. However I don't see the benefit of releasing externally as it is more restrictive than Jakarta EE 10, so is not really a minor release and therefore could be confusing to consumers of Jakarta EE.

+1

I would be moderately -1 here.

Yes, an internal milestone would work to some degree, but we have found out time and again that the real issues (and hence delay) are only found when we actually do a release and actually try to certify a product, and have the scrutiny of the release process and the many eyes involved. An internal milestone is not so visible.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top