Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Jakarta 10.1?

RE: Java 17 it’s my understanding that implementations can certify on Java 17 ONLY now with Jakarta EE 10? So I’m not sure what the issue is for Java 17?

Steve

From: jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Ivar Grimstad
Sent: 06 October 2022 17:15
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Jakarta 10.1?

Hi Mark,

Discussions are ongoing. I think we can safely say that it will be at least Java SE 17 for Jakarta EE 11.

One of the reasons that came up for the 10.1 suggestion is also to make the transition to newer Java versions easier for developers. Possibly also opening up for raising the level to Java SE 21 for EE 11.

But this is very speculative and only suggestions so far. Stay tuned, and please do chime in with your views.

Ivar