Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Concurrency TCK without remote EJB, javax.rmi.RemoteException

On 6/28/22 1:51 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:

On 6/28/22 1:42 PM, Scott Stark wrote:
I have create a fork of the concurrency project and update the tck to only use local EJBs and even removed use of javax.rmi.RemoteException:

I have build the current glassfish repo and run the appserver/tests/tck/concurrency project against a build of this version of the concurrency TCK. It is showing no errors when run with SE 17. The PR for this update is here:

I'll fork the Platform TCK CI Concurrency test job to run with https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/glassfish/web-7.0.0-SNAPSHOT-nightly.zip + https://github.com/jakartaee/concurrency/pull/245 and see what that shows.

https://gist.github.com/scottmarlow/404db044a9745095b13050547044318d is copy of a failure from server.log that I see when testing with https://github.com/jakartaee/concurrency/pull/245 and some additional changes I needed for running pushed to https://github.com/scottmarlow/concurrency/tree/marlowhack

CI job link is https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/10/job/jakarta-concurrency-tck-glassfish-run_hacktest/10

Some of the output copied from the server.log:

"

1. A valid ejb jar requires at least one session, entity (1.x/2.x style), or message-driven bean.
2. EJB3+ entity beans (@Entity) are POJOs and please package them as library jar.
3. If the jar file contains valid EJBs which are annotated with EJB component level annotations (@Stateless, @Stateful, @MessageDriven, @Singleton), please check server.log to see whether the annotations were processed properly.
	at org.glassfish.ejb.deployment.util.EjbBundleValidator.accept(EjbBundleValidator.java:123)
"

Does ^ mean that Local beans are also not handled by GlassFish 7 Web?  Or something else?

Scott

Scott

I'm not sure how to test this against a web profile configuration of glassfish. Can that be done from the appserver/tests/tck/concurrency project?