From: jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Scott Stark
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 11:39 AM
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [jakartaee-platform-dev] EJB feature removal, EFSP no longer refers to optional requirements

We had targeted removal of the EJB features in the EE10 release plan: https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/jakartaee-platform/jakartaee10/JakartaEE10ReleasePlan For the Platform specification, the following two features will be tagged as “removed”

We had targeted removal of the EJB features in the EE10 release plan:

For the Platform specification, the following two features will be tagged as “removed” or “deprecated” (exact term and/or mechanism still needs to be determined).

  • EJB Entity Beans (CMP and BMP)
  • Embeddable EJB Container

The removal of these technologies has been added to the current ManagedBeans deprecation PR:

The EFSP was targeting removing any language around optional features as described in these issues:

And this was incorporated into the EFSP 1.3(Version 1.3. Effective November 1, 2021), which no longer refers to optional behaviors:

Are we just needing to update the EE WG to adopt this?

Back to the top