Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Simplifying the platform by merging some specs?

One problem I think is that some runtime might just implement one spec not the other. With the merging, this could potentially force them to implement all of the parts. The merge could potentially make some specs too bulky.

Thanks
Emily

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 2:37 PM Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/03/2022 10:43, arjan tijms wrote:

<snip/>

> *Jakarta Pages and Jakarta (Standard) Tags*
> *
> *
> I don't think Tags are ever used outside Jakarta Pages. Does it
> really make sense to have the core tags for Pages in a separate spec?
> For instance, Faces has a number of core tags too, but despite us
> desperately wanting to slim the spec, I don't think anyone would dream
> of making those Faces core tags a separate spec.

I'm not sure the converse is true, that wherever Jakarta Pages is used
Jakarta Standard Tags are used too.

Mark