Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Simplifying the platform by merging some specs?

On 01/03/2022 10:43, arjan tijms wrote:

<snip/>

*Jakarta Pages and Jakarta (Standard) Tags*
*
*
I don't think Tags are ever used outside Jakarta Pages. Does it really make sense to have the core tags for Pages in a separate spec? For instance, Faces has a number of core tags too, but despite us desperately wanting to slim the spec, I don't think anyone would dream of making those Faces core tags a separate spec.

I'm not sure the converse is true, that wherever Jakarta Pages is used Jakarta Standard Tags are used too.

Mark

Back to the top