Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] : Re: : Re: Pushing RCx or Mx to maven central

> On Jan 13, 2022, at 10:21 AM, Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> We have the Jakarta Staging Repository set up to address the chicken-and-egg situation.

Right and as I've just posted, implementations that wish to certify are free to completely ignore the Jakarta Staging Repository.

For Jakarta EE 8 ballots the implementations we used for the ballot did not contain the API jars we created from the spec projects and published to staging and eventually to Maven Central under the jakarta groupId.

If we don't have an implementation that uses the spec-project-created API jar, it does create doubt that the spec-project-created API jars are valid.  For Jakarta EE 8 we setup Jenkins jobs to unzip the previously released GlassFish, replace the API jars, and run the TCK again.  Not the best case scenario, but it works.

If we were in a future situation where our only compatible implementation for ballot did not use the spec-project-created API jars, we'd likely have to do that again.  The chances of that are increasingly low, however.

-David

Back to the top