Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Re: Pushing RCx or Mx to maven central

On 1/13/22 12:06 PM, Emily Jiang via jakartaee-platform-dev wrote:
Hi Mark,
Can you explain why you think the artifacts should not be pushed to maven central? One of the reasons for pushing the artifacts to maven central is to make it easier for others to access the artifacts and then provide feedback. If all of the artifacts are in staging, only the projects under EE4J can access them freely, which creates a barrier for other projects to obtain these artifacts.

Some of these RC/M spec project builds may depend on final builds of other spec projects. Final build of the spec project cannot be published to maven central (or basically anywhere from where it cannot be immediately deleted should the request for it come) with out prior approvals from EF (release review process) and spec committee (ballot). What is the point of pushing knwown-to-be broken for some undefined period of time broken RC/M builds to maven central?

Should anyone have a need to use artifacts from the staging repo in his project, adding the staging repo to his pom is relatively easy to find and simple thing to do.

thanks,
--lukas

Thanks
Emily