From:        Scott Stark <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        Jakarta specification discussions <jakarta.ee-spec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07/27/2020 12:13
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakarta.ee-spec]        [jakartaee-platform-dev][jakarta.ee-spec.committee][jakartaee-spec-project-leads]AutomaticModuleNamesinJakartaEE9
Sent by:        jakarta.ee-spec-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The DI AMN was added in response to this issue:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/injection-api/issues/14

However, it really should have been java.inject.

The fact that users are asking for module names brings up the issue of the usage of these api jars outside of the platform releases. An api jar that has one of its targets being Java SE usage needs to be able to evolve to adapt to the runtime users are making use of.