From:        Werner Keil <werner.keil@xxxxxxx>
To:        jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Kevin Sutter <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx>, JakartaEE Spec Project Leadership discussions <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07/24/2020 15:35
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] RE: [jakartaee-platform-dev][jakarta.ee-spec.committee][jakarta.ee-spec][jakartaee-spec-project-leads]AutomaticModuleNamesinJakartaEE9

Yes, check

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8jYG0JixO3wzZkpeyU1LMIQRhbnZ76kGtdMFE8mieE/edit?usp=sharing

there are 8 specs with a proposed new name in column D. 4 must change because the modules existed in Java/Jakarta EE 8 already (see column E)

The other 4 strictly applying Option F could simply get rid of their automatic-module-name, resolving inconsistencies like ".api"in most of them, that violates the naming convention from the Java SE spec recommending the top level package as a module.

Werner