Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Batch target namespace

The URI referring to the schema and the XML namespace used by the elements in the schema are different things.  You don't need to add the qualifier to the URI since the name itself is more than unique enough (unless you're worried about two specs defining a schema named "jobXML").

The schema namespace controls the scope of the schema element names, and is independent of the name of the schema file.  Many of our schemas share some common element definitions in (previously) javaee_8.xsd.  If you have no need to share any of those common definitions, or are worried about defining new elements that might conflict with those common definitions, you can define a new namespace, and use a different prefix to represent that namespace.

Despite the above, please do think about compatibility from one version of your schema to the next.  If someone has a file using that schema, what's the minimum they need to change to convert that file to use the new version of the schema?  We tried to define our schemas in an upwards compatible way, so that all you needed to change was the URI and the version attribute.  If you also need to change the namespace, and the namespace prefix, and the elements names, and ... then it's going to be painful for developers.