Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] TCK tests in the same repo as API andSpec

Andy Guibert wrote on 3/11/20 9:14 AM:

> Bill/Kevin,
>
> The project plan you describe sounds very "waterfall" to me.
Sorry, is that a dirty word?

Do we need to write a user story instead?

> What I had in mind was more along the lines of starting with one spec (JSON-B)
> trying it out for a release, and then collecting feedback and iterating on it.
> Dmitry said that this would not effect Jakarta EE 9, but the JSON-B stuff is
> ready to go and I think it would be good to "test drive" the process for
> Jakarta EE 9 so I can take concrete feedback from that experience and use it
> to define a broader process for EE 10.
> What do you think?

I think doing it in parallel is fine.  Doing it instead of is more risk than we
want to accept for EE 9.

If you've got plenty of time to do all this work, I think we can find some other
work that needs to be done for EE 9 that's more important than this and that you
could work on instead.  :-)

Back to the top