Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] TCK tests in the same repo as API andSpec

Emily/Scott,

For this decision I see JUnit vs. TestNG as an "implementation detail" that does not need to be discussed yet -- they are both pretty similar and it doesn't make a big difference at a high level.
Before we discuss things like JUnit vs. TestNG, I want to focus on getting agreement on the overall concept: the ability for specs to make their TCKs standalone and use more modern/familiar tools in the process.

Bill/Kevin,

The project plan you describe sounds very "waterfall" to me. What I had in mind was more along the lines of starting with one spec (JSON-B) trying it out for a release, and then collecting feedback and iterating on it.
Dmitry said that this would not effect Jakarta EE 9, but the JSON-B stuff is ready to go and I think it would be good to "test drive" the process for Jakarta EE 9 so I can take concrete feedback from that experience and use it to define a broader process for EE 10.
What do you think?