Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] VOTE: Specifications to add in Jakarta EE 9

Would this also require adding the JAX-WS APIs to the EE9 spec?

The JAX-WS APIs that have been removed from the JDK currently have a dependency on JAXB.  If we evolve JAXB in EE9 (or just rename the packages), then we have some specs (like JAX-RS and maybe JPA, etc.) that depend on the jakarta.xml.bind.* packages while others (JAX-WS) that would depend on the javax.xml.bind.* packages. That would certainly make it difficult for EE9 applications to use both a JAX-RS and JAX-WS frontend that shares the same XML binding classes.

Thanks, Andy

Back to the top