Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Java SE 8 or 11 for Jakarta EE 9?

To allow people writing new and competitive product-agnostic applications on Jakarta EE 9, we should set guaranteed minimum level provided by each product to Java SE 11. Customers not wanting to upgrade can simply stay on Jakarta EE 8 ontop of Java SE 8. Product vendors can still provide LTE support for these products, so there is no force to upgrade soon.

-Markus

Von: jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Kevin Sutter
Gesendet: Montag, 4. November 2019 20:26
An: jakartaee-platform developer discussions
Betreff: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Java SE 8 or 11 for Jakarta EE 9?

Correct, Ivar.  Those removed Java EE technologies have been contributed.  We would have to work through the questions surrounding which of these should be included in Jakarta EE 9 and which should be dropped.  FYI, this also introduces new requirements on the compatible implementations.  We (IBM) have already figured out how to support these missing technologies when we introduced support for Java SE 11.  Just something to be aware of...

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: