I will also take this opportunity to highlight a few additional points that indirectly help the Jakarta EE project.

1. In the past, traditional hosting providers were focusing on PHP mostly as it was technically hard and expensive to offer good hosting services for Java EE applications. We help cloud hosting and managed service providers to overcome the difficult technical points by providing the required automation out of the box. As a result it gives more Jakarta EE hosting options available for end users around the world.

2. Java apps and especially Jakarta EE servers usually consume a significant amount of memory. This issue was highlighted by 40% of respondents in Jakarta EE Survey 2018.

Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 20.21.34.png

Our company has contributed a major improvement to G1, the default garbage collector at OpenJDK, that makes all Java apps (including Jakarta EE servers) more efficient in terms of memory usage. The Jelastic team is one of the main drivers behind the recent Java elasticity improvements in general. There is a fresh presentation on the related topic "A State of Java Elasticity".

3. For making Java cloud hosting (including Jakarta EE) more accessible for end users, specifically for startups, our team invented and pioneered a pay-per-use model in the cloud.

Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 20.41.37.png

In combination with 1 & 2 points above Jakarta EE hosting gets cheaper. At the end, it helps companies to go with Jakarta EE servers instead of choosing other technologies for cost efficiency reasons.

4. Jelastic is the first company that introduced auto-clustering for various Jakarta EE servers which is available with a simple click.

image.png

We proved that it's possible to deploy traditional or so-called legacy Java EE applications in containers and make them scalable in both directions (vertically and horizontally) without the need to rewrite the code. You can't imagine how much effort it took from our team. It was really hard to make it fully automated...

Hopefully we will contribute to the Jakarta EE project even more in the future.
Regards