Re: [jakarta.ee-wg] Contributing to Jakarta is free or not?

Hello All!

Here is something that may help as summary of the paperwork needed, from a slide that was used in various presentations and meeting

Repeating text for links with comments regarding fees

Contributors:

Once you are selected to become a committer Eclipse Foundation will guide you through the process, but in a nutshell here is what will be required the following

Committers:

  • Working Group Participation Agreement executed by an employer only (member of the Jakarta EE Working Group), so practically  no paperwork for the employee, a fee is associated for the employer only!

or

Committers employed by a company that is not a participant in the Jakarta EE working group, or even not an Eclipse Foundation Member, will additionally need

Employer Consent Agreement - NO fee is associated for the employer!

Hope this helps!
Tanja