Re: [jakarta.ee-wg] Contributing to Jakarta is free or not?

Of course those who have to pay for the Jakarta EE WG now have to pay TWICE if they also wish to participate in MicroProfile since MP has its own WG and fees but if Romain’s company is not a member and not interested to get involved and signs that employer consent for him, than he should not have to pay for either of them.

Werner

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Von: Amelia Eiras
Gesendet: Samstag, 22. August 2020 20:05
An: Jakarta EE Working Group
Betreff: Re: [jakarta.ee-wg] Contributing to Jakarta is free or not?

Hola wonderful Markus,

Thank you for zooming us in with that question, the answer is NO.

  1. the Employer DOES NOT need to become a EF Member
  2. the Employer DOES NOT need to become an active Member on any EF Working Group Project to allow its employees to support projects
  3. the committer DOES NOT need to pay to contribute.

Tracing:

Impact of the Agreement:

  • $0 monetary requirement to contributors who might become Committers for a Project that follows the EF Specification Project
  • + Today +2,100 EF Committers do not have to worry about switching jobs or losing access, when normally voted -IN- as a Committer to any EF Project
  • +375 EF Projects can welcome any contributor to join a project without concerning themselves about the future conversion of a Contributor into a Committer.

The beauty of the Consent agreement is that within its 2 pages it tells everyone that there are many amazing ways to contribute to Eclipse Projects & THAT any payment is up to the individual ORG.

---

It is fantastic for you to choose to follow up on the topic & state that you wish to own the write-up of the outcome of that thread via your personal blog.

I volunteer myself to help you copy/edit 365 that blog, that is only if you prefer 4 eyes instead of just 2. Up to you! :)

Now, about formally communicating, the Jakarta EE WG has direct contact with +50 individuals from Publications Orgs (global outreach).

Therefore, aside from recommending you to crosspost the future blog to the Jakarta EE blog Aggregator - which you are nicely owning ,  share it via this forum and also sending it to the EF Committer list (yes, it is important and applicable content that ought to reach that forum) we ought go further & enable many of those publications to help us broaden the visibility of blog.

I am happy to help on that part, as well.  There are many wonderful #ossDOERs who contribute to publications, who are supportive of open source & of this community. I am positive they would appreciate the request to help us educate & normalize the Employer Consent valuable existence via their outlets.