Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] Does the EFSL license need to be in the javadocs dist?

Please do include the text of the license with the Javadoc.

Wayne

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 2:13 PM Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can't speak for Eclipse legal, but for Sun/Oracle legal it was always critical to include the license in the "product".  Otherwise the license could (in theory) change after you downloaded and started using the product.  That's why we always included the license in the javadoc bundle.  (Obviously that doesn't solve the problem if you're viewing the javadocs on the jakarta.ee web site.)

Even if the license weren't included, the footer should definitely link to the license.