Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Apache TomEE's Jakarta EE 8 Compliance (Re: Component Implementations by Platform)

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 10:26 PM Werner Keil <werner.keil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Good to hear, you're onto it. Also interesting to learn, if Oracle has plans to certify Weblogic because from that list I believe only TomEE and Weblogic are not yet certified against Jakarta EE 8.

Soteria is also an example for a spec with mainly one implementation until recently, so if more than one exists it is also a good precedent for others like MVC, NoSQL etc.

There actually is a second implementation of Jakarta Security, which is done by Open Liberty. It's however not released as a separate project that can be used on e.g. Tomcat like Soteria is.

Of course TomEE's implementation by definition runs on Tomcat, but I don't know if that's a separately usable implementation (for instance on standalone Tomcat, or Jetty, or even Piranha). From it being in the TomEE source tree my guess is it's not, but who knows ;)

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top