Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [Friends of Jakarta EE Zoom Call] September 23rd @8-9am PDT

To make it extra confusing having yet another Jakarta EE group. Why didn't Amelia just join the Jakarta Ambassadors?

On Tuesday, 22 September 2020, 22:41:19 BST, Werner Keil <werner.keil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ed,

I believe you asked that before.

The "Friends of Jakarta EE" is a kind of gathering or initiative by Amelia. A loose "Hashtag initiative" like the "Usual Suspects" I'd say ;-)
I don't think the Jakarta EE Ambassadors (https://jakartaee-ambassadors.io/who-we-are/ over 2000, including the likes of James Gosling) are prevented from joining those calls if they like, but there is no relationship or affiliation between them.

Werner Keil JCP Award Winner, JSR 354, 385 Maintenance Lead | Jakarta EE Specification Committee, Ambassador Leadership Council Member  | Apache Committer

Twitter @wernerkeil | @UnitAPI | @JSR354 | @OpenDDR | #EclipseUOMo

Skype werner.keil