Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Guide to Contributing to Jakarta EE 10

Reza,

long story short: Yes.

But reality is more complex: It is the *EF* that wants some paperwork, but
it is a different story what *you* want to hold in hands for the times when
your employer changes his mind.

The ECA (i. e. the smalles possible paperwork for CONTRIBUTOS) is found
here: https://www.eclipse.org/legal/ECA.php, quote: "By making a
contribution to this project, I certify that the contribution was created in
whole or in part by me and I have the right to submit it under the open
source license indicated in the file or". This means, you don't need to have
your employer sign anything as the EF trusts you that your employer *would*
agree that you submissions may be open sourced *if* he would be asked. But
still, you *should* ask him before you sign that line.

The full COMMITER paperwork concept is outlined in
https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#contributing-committers, quote:
"When a contributor becomes a committer, they must be covered by a committer
agreement (either a Member Committer and Contributor Agreement (MCCA) or an
Individual Committer Agreement (ICA). Committers on specification projects
must be covered by additional agreements. As the last step in the committer
election process, the Eclipse Foundation systems will determine which
agreement applies and engage a committer paperwork workflow with the new
committer to ensure that everything is in place.".

-Markus