Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Are there no requirements for Innovation?

I would call that implementation or adoption, but never mind.
A vendor may offer an implementation that is much faster or takes less bandwidth over the network.

Jakarta EE lowers the barrier by not having the notion of a "Reference Implementation", so no implementation could be seen as "special" or more compatible than others, that should encourage even more to implement it, and looking at the Jakarta EE 8 list of compatible implementations compared to especially Java EE 8, there are more already after less than a year that EE 8 is out.

Werner