Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Are there no requirements for Innovation?

My POV:

JakartaEE (don’t know much about CXF) is standards/specifications https://jakarta.ee/specifications/
To make sure your application works per-JakartaEE standards, it needs to follow/implement (say) A,B,C rules.

JakartaEE (and most standards) define these A, B, C rules and leave the implementation details to the implementor.

As an implementor, develop your software to conform to A,B,C to be JakartaEE Complaint + do whatever on top of it (your innovations). Obviously the better your innovations/makes things easy/simple for users the more adaptable your product/service is.

As an example: All the below are servlet containers + (additional features): Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Weblogic, Helidon

Thanks
Suren