Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Jakarta EE Development Workspace - Slack invite

ohh, I see your point, thanks for allowing me to clarify #usualsuspects Werner.

When i mean tracing, I mean actual EXECUTION that doesn't stay in just words or "well-wishes".
The slack is for doers, implementers that bring not only brainstorming to live but the most valuable, solutions to OSS.

Bias, I actually detest slack for "tracing" actual conversations about "some" particular topic.
Public email forums enable consumption now or later or never but it is there to allow subscribers to  "step into the conversation and  take time to work on something, even if months have passed" etc.   With slack, if not on- pin-in and chosen as a KEEP in mind,  anything gets disregarded as irrelevant.  Simply put, unpaid slack for some communities works wonders if slack is not used as the source of truth.

For instance, I left the MP slack way ago, no value. I prefer the forum.
Same for Jkta. I see no value on a slack group given current public forums, so I won't be joining. But my preference is not dictated to others who might see value. Choice, I am 1 Jakartee.

Cheers,