Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Which will be the initial Versioning Number for the first version of Jakarta EE

Based on your clarification I agree that I misinterpreted your assumptions, although I think saying it was a gross misinterpretation is a stretch. I understood your first assumption to be that implementations support 1 and only 1 version of the spec, and on the second I took too much stress on direct rather than correlation so read it as saying that their major version was in lock step, which I now understand wasn’t your intent.

On the substantive point here though I think we have diametrically opposed view points. Some responses below