Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Which will be the initial Versioning Number for the first version of Jakarta EE

8.0

— Dmitry

On 30 Apr 2018, at 12:28, Alexander Salvanos <salvanos@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everybody,

So far, we had agreed that the first version of Jakarta EE should technologically be conform to the state of Java EE 8 technologies and no further additions should be added. Is this still the plan? And if we so, what version number should we use for this initial version of Jakarta EE? Currently, I was thinking it will be Jakarta 1.0. But, in the email conversion Jakarta 8.0 appeared as well.

Best Regards,
Alex