Re: [iot-wg] Feedback needed - IoT Commercial Adoption Survey

On 26.09.19 19:18, Ian Skerrett wrote:
> Hi Frederic
>
> This is a really great idea. Thanks for sharing.
>
> I have added some comments to the document. I would also be interested
> in some questions about buying behaviour, such as:
>
> 1. How do you educate yourself about different IoT solutions?  Options:
> trade shows, vendor presentations, analyst, IoT oriented press, regular
> press, Google search, etc
> 2. How is technology typically introduced into your organization?
> partner typicall introduce technology, analyst recommendation, vendor
> presentations

These would be great additions! Thanks for bringing them up, Ian :-)

> I hope this helps
> Ian
>
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 8:40 AM Frédéric Desbiens
> <frederic.desbiens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:frederic.desbiens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi everyone!
>
>     As resolved by the IoT Marketing Committee, we are planning to carry
>     out an IoT Commercial Adoption Survey from October 7 to October 28.
>
>     This survey is distinct from our annual IoT Developer Survey, which
>     will run early next year as usual.
>
>     Our main target audience for this new survey is technical
>     decision-makers in end-user organizations implementing commercial
>     IoT solutions. Our goals are to gather market data (which will be
>     shared publicly), to demonstrate thought leadership, and to generate
>     membership leads. If we are successful, we will run this on an
>     annual basis like our IoT Developer Survey.
>
>     It would be useful if you could review the questions and offer
>     suggestions for improvement. We would appreciate this feedback no
>     later than EOD Friday, *October 4*.
>
>     The draft survey questions are here
>     <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HVGLaXZrjRHH9tfcou-zVbul6QMdHL9ZHzochlPUAak/edit#heading=h.rab9wt15ud47>.
>
>     Thank you for your help!
>
>     Best Regards,
>
>     Frédéric Desbiens
>
>     Program Manager, IoT and Edge Computing | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
>
>     Eclipse Foundation <http://www.eclipse.org/>: The Platform for Open
>     Innovation and Collaboration

> --
> Ian Skerrett
> Marketing and Strategy Consultant
> IoT and Open Source
>
> @ianskerrett <https://twitter.com/IanSkerrett>
> www.linkedin.com/in/ianskerrett/ <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ianskerrett/>

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Ullsteinstr. 128
12109 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered Office: Berlin, Registration Court: Amtsgericht
Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke;
Managing Directors: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic

Back to the top