[iot-wg] Integrating Eclipse IoT projects

Dear IoT Working Group members,

during the working group's meeting at last year's EclipseCon Europe in
Ludwigsburg, the Eclipse Kapua folks told us about the efforts of integrating
Eclipse Hono with Kapua in order to use Hono as an alternative to Kapua's default
device integration layer. During the meeting we agreed that it would be helpful
for users to better understand, which technologies/projects are related and could
be used together in order to implement certain use cases.

As part of this endeavor, we would like to continue our work on integrating Hono
with Kapua, but more importantly, we would also like to discover new
opportunities to create more value by integrating some of the (other) Eclipse IoT
projects with each other. This is where you come into play. Have you already
thought about trying to use one of the other Eclipse IoT projects with the
project you are involved in? Can you think about a "better together" scenario but
haven't found the time (or collaborators) to start the integration work yet? Then
it would be great if you could share your ideas with us on the mailing list.

Based on your feedback and ideas, we would like to set up a face-to-face "kick-
off" meeting for the next integration round (probably hosted by Bosch Software
Innovations in Berlin in March).

Looking forward to hearing your ideas :-)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Ullsteinstr. 128
12109 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered Office: Berlin, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB
148411 B
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Managing Directors:
Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic

Back to the top