[iot-wg] Fwd: Status of Concierge and Eclipse SmartHome

Cross posting to IoT working group

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jochen Hiller <jo.hiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Subject: Status of Concierge and Eclipse SmartHome
To: Concierge developer discussions <concierge-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Kai Kreuzer <kai@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

I want to give a short update of the current status to run Eclipse SmartHome on top of Concierge.

I did some improvements the last days. All is documented here: https://github.com/JochenHiller/concierge-tests, give it a short look. You can run all test cases yourself on Concierge master branch if you want to reproduce a bug.

These issues are actually open in Concierge:
  • #439182 org.osgi.service.condpermadmin package is missing in Concierge
    Workaround: see patch osgi-permission: make additional bundle with missing packages. See https://github.com/JochenHiller/concierge-tests/tree/master/patches/osgi-permission/
  • #439469 ClassCastException in BundleImpl.Revision.BundleClassLoader.findResource1
  • #439470 Bundle activator will be called twice
  • #439492 Concierge is missing pre-registered SAXParserFactory and DocumentBuilderFactory
For all of these issues I added source code to solve this issues, or in case #439470 a workaround to avoid the problem. This needs a fix by Tim/Jan as this seems to be a more complex problem during bundle startup.

In addition, there are issues in come Equinox bundles which prevents then to run in Concierge without changes:

Equinox console bundle
I had some troubles to get Equinox bundles running in Concierge. At the end it turned out, that issues #439469, #439470, #439492 were all bugs in Concierge, and not in Equinox bundles.

To get Eclipse SmartHome running completely, I am using the workarounds with "patched" bundles until the issues will be fixed in. For a complete regular build of ESH able to run on top of Concierge, these issues should have been fixed. In addition it is necessary to provide a build of Concierge to include in ESH runtime environment.

Bye, Jochen

Back to the top