Re: [incubation] (HTML) Documentation editor

Hi, David, Ed,

Looks like pandoc can convert MediaWiki to AsciiDoc?  Or is that perhaps a different AsciiDoc?

Christian

On 13 July, 2016 at 11:47:11, David Green (david.green@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Ed,

Agreed, it's not WYSIWYG but it does have features that help out with markup, such as a cheat sheet and formatting.  You can find out more here: http://help.eclipse.org/neon/topic/org.eclipse.mylyn.wikitext.help.ui/help/Getting-Started.html?cp=50_2_1_1#WikiTextEditorOverview

As for conversion to AsciiDoc, it's not currently supported.  WikiText does support generating files from within the IDE, e.g. to Confluence, Markdown or HTML, but this feature is not yet implemented for generating AsciiDoc.  More details can be found here:  http://help.eclipse.org/neon/topic/org.eclipse.mylyn.wikitext.help.ui/help/Markup-Generation.html?cp=50_2_3_0#GenerationInEclipse

David